Sunday 15 June 2014

Cambodia and Vietnam Youth Development Expedition Work

It's always nice to here back from Clients, especially when I have managed to affect positive change in a young person. Here's an email I received recently from a Challenger I had on an expedition to Vietnam and Cambodia:

Hello James Gybbon Monypenny, 

it's Maddie from the Davidson world challenge team :) Remember us?!?!? 

Although it has only been 5 days since we returned home to Sydney, it feels like so much longer ago that we were at the airport saying goodbye to you in Siem Reap. We were literally in floods of tears leaving you behind at that airport... I'm not sure if you are used to that sort of reaction hahah! it was just so sad to see the trip finally coming to an end and having to say goodbye to you. It's been great coming home and seeing my family and telling them all about our amazing expedition, but it was quite strange at first to realise just how different Australia is, compared to the cities that we visited in Vietnam and Cambodia. It was also strange getting used to not seeing you and the team everyday... However, this trip has definitely taught me to really appreciate what i have here at home and i'm so glad i've had that experience.

I'd just like to thank you again for leading us on such an incredible trip, I had the best time of my life and I wish I could do it all over again. And thank you for not only being a great leader, but for being so open and funny and weird just like us and also for never getting sick of us.. i know we were probably alot to handle. You definately taught me alot about passion and drive and going for what you want in life, you really inspired me to chase down my goals and to work hard for what i want in the future. Life lessons that i'll keep forever. I remember something you told me about, what defines you as a person is the way that you act, and i always seem to keep that in the back of my mind now... 

We miss you so much Monypenny!!!! pleassee come and visit us soon in Australia!!! We'll take you climbing on the harbour bridge and we can paraglide into the sunset xooxoxox

Hopefully speak soon! 
Love, Maddie

Also here's the link to some Photos from the Expedition:

Post by Gibbon Adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment